Tuesday, June 19, 2007

36 weeks, 1 day into my pregnancy

Yesterday I went to National Office Supply store, to buy some crafts supplies for decorating baby's nursery here in Saipan - and thanks to the magic of removable double-sided tape, I can bring it back to the Philippines to decorate his nursery there.

My achi Jen had one wall of "the nursery room" (which is originally my room whenever I stay here in Saipan) painted in a very nice sea-waves design, for the birth of my nephew Sinjin when they were here last 2005, and she gave me the idea and inspiration to do the same for my own baby :) She worked with a nautical theme, I will also attempt to make some wall decors with that theme, and add some foam fishes and sea creatures that I found in the store. I'm excited to get started with the crafts project- it's like being a kid all over again, except this time, I'm
preparing for my own kid :P When I finish with the decor, will take a picture to share my attempts at arts and crafts :)

I enjoyed lunch out with my papa today, we went to Pierre's for steak, soup and salad :)

Hooray for Shelly's Boston Italian North-End Pizza!!! :) I took out a slice each of Spinach and Garlic, and Tomatoes and Basil (thank God they sell it by the slice for lunch take-outs, their slices are HUGE!!! It may take me 3-4 days to finish off a whole pizza by myself, since papa's not a pizza fan). I tried half a slice each for my merienda, and WOW - I was in pizza heaven!!! I really love it!!! Can't wait to try their other pizza flavors - pepperoni, meat lovers.

Can't wait to bring Dennis there when he comes over (15 days to go!!! I can't wait to see and be with my D!!!), I think he'll enjoy it too. My ahia Steve and I actually have a pizza bet running now...he's wagering that our sister Gue's baby will be born by next week, my wager is this week. We'll see who wins the bet :P

I can't believe that in a week, baby's already full term. My sister Gue is also expecting her baby anytime this week - my mama's with her now in Singapore. The "guammies" (my parents = Guama and Guakong) are all getting excited to see their "sun-na" / "apo's" soon :) The mommies (me and Gue) are getting impatient as the days go by...can't wait to see our babies as well!

Then it's hello to sleepless nights....breastfeeding....nappy changes....burping....night wailing....but then it's also hello to baby's firsts....holding their tiny bodies in our arms....rocking and singing them to sleep....touching their tiny hands and feet....kissing them....inhaling their sweet baby scent....and thanking God for His blessings, and this precious gift.

2 comments:

Elyse said...

Awww achi Fan!!! You're baby's soooo blessed! You've loved him even before he was conceived! And please tell dennis to treasure such a rare find like you!!!! Mwah! Ayan, makakakuha na kami ng mommy tips from you when it's pyros people's turn. hehe INGAT! LOVE YOU!

zantha said...

thanks so much elyse!!! pardon the late reply, OMG I just got to check this blog now - chalk it up to breastfeeding and sleep deprivation nearly 24/7 hehehe

sobra akong touched sa comment mo, awww....love you too elyse!!! MWAH! :)