I went for a checkup today, and found some interesting physiological developments with my body -
Apparently, my pelvic joints are softening due to the pregnancy hormones making the joints looser. And with baby's head lodged somewhere in that area, and hitting that pelvic area constantly, it explains this week's recent symptoms of pelvic area soreness. My only recourse is to grin and bear it, inasmuch as I can.
Moreover, there is an area on the top of my belly wherein my muscles are weak - so I have to support that area with my hand and push it in, every time I get up from bed / a lying position.
Baby has grown a few more inches - basing on the 3 inches my belly has elongated, lengthwise. His heartbeat's strong and healthy. So far, so good. I have to start monitoring his fetal movements from now on, and I have to record 10 movements within a 10 hour period.
Dr. L thankfully didn't crack any jokes this time around about having to twist a piece of cloth around and stuff it in my mouth, as my option for pain relief during labor :D The only option is a shot of demerol mixed with an antihistamine. Well,it's better than a piece of twisted cloth, and definitely better than no pain relief :)
I can feel baby hiccuping in my womb, and studies say this is in preparation for breathing and other bodily functions, later on, when baby is in the world outside the womb. Though it got me thinking at first if it was his heart beating, I realized it was too slow to be his heartbeat. It feels like the beat of a reggae song - I can probably sing Marley's No Woman No Cry to its beat. It never ceases to amaze me when I can feel him moving inside - it's fascinating to know that within my body, my being, is another being-in-motion, another being-in-creation. These rhythms - heartbeats, pulses, movements - are signs of life.
I am in awe, knowing that life is growing rapidly inside....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment